Improve your Results Now! Have you waivered on your New Year’s Resolutions? Significant changes can be overwhelming, but a few simple changes can improve your health too! Try these:
1. Be positive. Surround yourself with positive people that help you feel good about yourself now. Having supporters will help you stay motivated by encouraging and supporting your changes.
2. Select a positive role model. Choose a role model that makes you feel good about who you are and is strong, healthy and real.
3. Identify your problem areas and establish a plan to deal with them. Don’t use food to cope with disappointments, but identify and implement healthier ways to cope when you are down.
4. Make small healthy changes you can maintain like adding more fiber, increasing protein and reducing refined carbs (white breads, rice & sweets). Increase water intake and your daily exercise by 10 minutes.
5. Don’t go hungry. Eat 5-6 small meals daily to maintain your blood sugar and avoid hunger.
Recognize that change takes time and celebrate the journey