1. Control your sugar –blood sugars that is – If you can control your blood sugar, you can help SHED FAT. Simple eating smaller well-balanced (carbs, fats, and proteins) meals and snacks throughout the day will help.
A sample meal schedule might look something like this:
7am Breakfast (Advocare Shake)
12:00 pm Lunch
8:30pm Small Snack
2. Calories Count – At the end of the day, our bodies take in a certain amount of calories and our bodies burn a certain amount of calories. If you are trying to lose weight, the calories your body burns need to be more than you take in in order for you to lose weight. Start with taking in 300 less calories a day and moving to burn 200 more calories a day. This will help you begin the process to losing weight slowly for long term maintenance.
3. Eat Breakfast – You really are breaking the FAST from breakfast. We have had HUGE success with Advocare’s Meal Replacement shakes as a healthy, convenient way to give your body what it needs. They have 24 grams of protein, 5-6 grams of carbs, 50% of your daily calcium (added calcium intake has been proven to help with weight loss) needs, 26 vitamins, and ONLY 220 Calories.4. What you eat does count! Many people will tell you that you can eat crap (eat junk food or foods that are not healthy for YOU) as long as you stay below your daily caloric intake. This may work short term but who wants to lose weight (mostly muscle) and gain it all back. If you are reading this, you probably have tried some type of diet that restricted your eating. Make sure you have a healthy variety of carbs, proteins, and fats to your diet. The calorie count is a factor but the nutritional count is just as key!
5. Resistance Training – By now you should know all the positive effect weight training has on the body’s ability to burn fat. Resistance training, done properly, will turn your body into a calorie burning machine!!
6. Cardio – Recently I was asked by Channel 8’s Rebecca St. James to help with a story she was doing about the Step Diet. The whole story was about how taking steps per day can help you achieve weight loss results. Cardio is moving. For some, it is simply walking. For others is playing sports, running on the treadmill, or roller skating. Plain and simple, if you are trying to lose weight, you HAVE TO MOVE MORE. Adding more cardio will help your body burn more FAT.
7. Water Intake – DRINK MORE WATER. Easy to say, right? Not easy to do. Every major system of your body FUNCTIONS on H20. I suggest you buy a good bottle and make it a goal to have that with you everywhere you go. The research suggests that you drink 8 glasses a day. Make it a point to drink throughout the day just like eating throughout the day and your body will like you.
8. Have some Discipline! – It is about doing the little things over and over until it becomes a healthy HABIT. So be disciplined and stay the course. Your body will respond and your RESULTS will COME!