Coppell Trainer Tip – Find your goal or motivation!
Summer is officially here and IT’S HOT! For many, this is the toughest time to stay motivated. The kids are home from school, your schedule seems to be off-track, and your motivation to stay on your good nutrition and exercise program seems to be hard to stick to. Especially in TEXAS as it’s so hot and the mind plays games with you to stay inside and not get out of bed or off the coach and get to a Get You In Shape fitness session.
This tip will hopefully get you focused on a goal to shoot for these next few months so that you have a reason to eat healthier and exercise today, tomorrow, this week and this month.
As you have heard us say all the time, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOAL! If you don’t have a goal these next few months, it’s certainly going to show with your nutrition and exercise.
I personally have had to kick it into gear (which has been great!) these last few weeks because I have my own goals coming up in a few months. I plan on joining the Get You In Shape 2013 Sprint Tri Training team AND will be preparing for my 2nd Ultra Hike. Both of which are in September and they both are helping with my mind set to eat healthier foods that will be fuel for me throughout the day and help with my recovery. It’s also helping me stay on my workout routine even with my busy schedule.
What are your goals, though? What are you doing today to prepare for tomorrow, this week, this month or the next few months. I have found out the hard way that if I am not really training for anything or do not have a goal, my nutrition and exercise goes down the hill.
It’s been very motivating for me to see how so many Get You In Shape clients using runs and events to help them stay on their health and fitness journey. We have had a number over the years that have started with Get You In Shape and end up getting into running, Sprint Tri’s and other events because it does help keep them focused on a Goal! Many of them have turned to different runs and events to help them stay on their journey of being health and staying in shape (rather than taking steps backward). Setting goals and getting involved with different contests and events help keep them MOTIVATED to PLAN their nutrition and exercise to help them stay on track because they have a goal ahead of them.
What is your goal? What are you trying to accomplish? When you reach a new fitness goal or level, it’s touch to stay motivated. For many of our clients, they have hit their weight loss goal and now need a new goal to stay motivated to eat healthy and continue to exercise. For most, this is through contests, fitness events (like Spartan Race), and running event.
Last year, I decided to do a 26 plus mile mega-hike with some of Cynthia’s family (See my tough journey here). It was also about the same time that Get You In Shape trainer Julie McCan decided to lead Get You In Shape’s first Sprint Tri Training. It was an awesome experience as we had over 40 GYIS client’s compete and it was the first time for about half (including me) of the group. I will say that the Sprint Tri was easier to prepare for (and funner) than the Mega Hike. IN the end, though, it helped me stay motivated for 10-12 weeks in the touch summer months when I did not want to workout sometimes because of the heat.
All of this to say, what are you preparing for? What are your summer goals? Do you have anything? Without a goal, it’s going to be next to impossible to stay on a good nutrition and exercise plan that will help you LOOK, FEEL, and PERFORM BETTER (or help you continue to).
Here are some suggestions Get You In Shape has come up with to help you this summer
1. Get a friend and start training together for a run or event. This buddy-system has been proven over and over again to help motivate people. This can be what you do in the off-days to stay on track. It can be a 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon, or anything in between.
Get You In Shape has been so successful at getting life-changing RESULTS because we know that group support can make all the difference in the world
2. Get You In Shape 2013 Sprint Tri Training. IGet You In Shape will have a team doing a Sprint Tri on September 8th. More details to follow but we will have a structured program that will complement the Get You In Shape program. This will be a plan outlined for the next 10-11 weeks leading up until September. We will have team trainings and team events so you will certainly be given a step by step outline to keep you motivated. If your goal is to cut body fat, get in better shape, and to stay motivated during this tough time of year, then this is perfect for you. This WILL KEEP YOU ON TRACK during the touch summer months. We will let you know in the next week or so how you can sign up for more information.
3. Summer Slim Down Challenge Contest – We will also be rolling out a nutritional challenge/contest. We know that prizes, gifts, money and awards are enough for some people to say “I’m DOING THIS!” So we will be offering a Mid-Summer Slim Down Challenge and giving you all the details in the next week.
The point of all of this is to have SOME sort of goal or something you are getting ready for so that your daily nutrition and exercise is being done for a purpose. This will help keep you on track during the HOT summer days when your brain is telling you to stay in the COLD A/C and not get off your butt and get something accomplished.
A few things we suggest you doing:
1. Share your goal with the Get You In Shape Team – Post it on our Private GYIS VIP group facebook page (if you have not been added to make sure you add Coppell Boot Camp as your friend)
2. Write your goal down and have it so you can see it throughout the day.
3. Get support. This can be through your spouse, family and friend (s).