Advocare nutritional foundation products – multivitamin and OmegaPlex
GYIS Nutrition 101 Tip Tip #3 – Add Supplements
Get You In Shape has done the research to find a great nutrition company that provides safe and effective nutritional products to help with our clients reach their goals. We recommend These Nutrition Supplements for all Get You In Shape clients. We recommend the 24 Day Challenge as a kick start to anyone looking to get started with a step by step system. You can learn more at GYISNutrition.com or just contact us and we can go over some our nutrition system with you.
There are many studies that point out the benefits of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants to your body. Vitamins help store and release energy, maintain your bones, blood, and nerves. They also help you to digest food, protect you from heart disease, cancer, and other diseases. Minerals control the actions of certain hormones and enzymes in your body and provide the raw materials your body needs to build and maintain body parts. Antioxidants protect the body against cell damage as well as reducing the risk of certain forms of cancer. These are the foundations for a healthy body. Getting core nutrition helps your immune system, bones, and helps your body fight free radicals. The human body has trillions of cells that are replaced regularly. So we need to provide our bodies with the needed nutrients to replace each of the cells on a daily basis. Our bodies need approximately fifty or more nutrients in order to maintain good health.
USDA statistics show the average American diet is significantly lacking in the essential minerals needed for energy production, protection from free radical damage, and other vital functions.
Only 12% of Americans age 45-64 regularly consume what is considered to be a healthy diet. The National Health and Nutritional Examination Survey.
What are some of the reasons that our bodies do not get all the nutrients it needs just from the foods we consume?
1. Farming techniques have changed drastically, so the vitamin and nutrient content of the crops has also changed.
2. Vitamins and other nutrients are lost when storing, drying, freezing, and processing foods. Many of today’s foods are processed with extra ingredients such as preservatives, coloring agents, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, and chemical residues from various packaging and cleaning procedures. These ingredients may complicate digestion and increase the risk of allergic reaction.
3. We simply do not eat the right foods. Our diets are dominated by high refined and processed foods that are stripped of the natural, healthy benefits they once had.
4. Portion sizes have increased 30% to 40% during the past 20 years.
5. Eating too fast and not chewing our food thoroughly, which contributes to loss of nutrients our body absorbs.
Adding multivitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants in the form of supplements helps ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it needs for optimal health.
Get You In Shape recommends at the very least finding a high quality multi-vitamin and omega 3 fatty-acid. We suggest Coreplex and OmegaPlex. Contact Get You In Shape and Brad Linder at 214-603-8287 for information, questions or to purchase the nutritional products. The next page has Get You In Shape top two nutrition systems.