Dallas, TX area Boot Camp Exercise of the Month
This boot camp Exercise of the Month is a great exercise because it works multiple muscles. This boot camp exercise helps with increasing core strength, balance, hip stability, leg strength, and shoulder strength. The other great benefit from doing a combination type exercise is that your body has to work a little harder to perform the exercise. When this happens, your heart rate rises and you burn more calories. We have given you a video, a boot camp performing the exercise, pictures, and exact explaination of the Boot Camp Exercise of the month
Advanced Fitness Level
Pictures From Get You In Shape Boot Camp Exercise of the month (Dallas, TX and Coppell, TX)
You Tube Video of Dallas, TX Boot Camp & Personal Trainers Exercise of the Month
Boot Camp Exercise of the Month. A look at the exercise of the Month in the Coppell, TX Boot Camp
How to perform the Boot Camp Exercise of the month.
1. Start with weight in front hip and you balancing in your front leg. The back leg is only used to help balance and should have little or no weight on it.
Your arms should be up forming an L (kind of like a goal post for a field goal). Your back should be flat and your abs should be pulled in toward your spine.
2. Keeping all your weight in your hips (if you feel weight in your knees, shift hips further back while leaning forward with your upper body), slowly bend at your hip like you are sitting down on something. Your upper body will lean slightly forward because you are in your hip joints. It is important that you only end down as far as your current strength allows you. Beginners should only bend an inch or two and build up as they get stronger. Your back is still straight, your arms should still be up like an L, and your abs should still be pulled in.
3. Keeping your weight in your front hip and heel, pull your hip up as you begin to press through your arms. Your arms should be aligned with your body as you press forward and straighten your arms. Focus on your weight. Where should you feel the weight in your legs? in your hips (glutes, butt, buttox, etc) . Usually, if you are not feeling it there, then you are putting too much weight in your back leg (not strong enough yet), not leaning in your hips and not leaning forward with your upper body. Remember, you will be able to feel this without doing much movement if you are doing it correctly.
As you pull the hip back you are pressing forward with your arms (while keeping back straight and abs in)
4. The only movement in this exercise is with your hips and arms. Your core should stay still (meaning your truck really does not move throughout this exercise). As you can see from the video, the hips and arms are the only thing that is moving. So focus on that while trying to perform this exercise.
Perform 10-20 on each leg before moving to the other leg. Try doing this in front of a mirror so you can see what you look like and see if you need to change your form. We find that the mirror helps you see what you are doing which usually help you perfect the exercise and form.
Do move on to the advanced exercise until you have full range of motion in your hip and can control your body.
Advanced Lunge with Press
1. Perform exercise like explained above except you will bring leg up. As with the exercise above, make sure the only movement is with your hips and arms. Many people start moving there trunk as they attend to do this exercise with one leg. This takes away from the effects of this exercise and we suggest doing in right to get the full benefits of it.
Before starting any new exercise and fitness program, consult a doctor
For more Information about the fitness boot camp programs in the Dallas area, CLICK HERE
Get You In Shape Fitness Boot Camp
If you live or work in Dallas, Uptown, Coppell, Highland Park, University Park, North Dallas, Lakewood, White Rock Lake, Cockrell Hill, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Las Colinas, Carrollton, Mesquite, Heath, Forney, North Dallas, Famers Branch, Richardson, Garland and other surrounding Dallas cities, the Dallas and Coppell Fitness Boot Camp is just minutes away from you!
Get You In Shape programs include the Get You In Shape Fitness Boot Camp, the 40 Day Challenge, sports specific training, weight loss programs, wellness plans, nutrition plans, core fitness training, strength training, toning and more. Clients include corporations, athletes (golf, basketball, tennis, football, track, baseball, baseball, volleyball, and softball) corporate executives, professionals, weekend warriors, cheerleaders, dancers, models, stay at home moms, and anyone looking for results.