A few weeks ago I was sharing with a friend “What I would do if I had a few weeks to Get In Shape.”
I thought that with the launch of our 21-Day Meltdown starting next week, it might be fun to adapt that 21 day plan to one that I’d follow if I were going to start my own journey to Get In Shape in 21 Days.
If you missed the previous 3 blog posts, you can scroll down to the bottom for the links.
Here is part 4 and the final chapter
Day 14-21 and Beyond
Looking back on the last 2 weeks, I would have never guessed that I would have actually enjoyed this process.
I believe the biggest breakthrough for me has not been the workouts or the nutrition but my mindset shift.
I believe that my choice to “follow the darn instructions” has been easier than I thought it would be starting out. Those CHOICES have been easy because there is a reason WHY I am eating lean and clean. There is a reason why I am choosing to workout and move 6 days a week. There is a reason why I am choosing to “follow the darn instructions.”
I have a big reasons WHY I am making the choices I make each and every day to eat healthier and to take care of my mind and body.
My “So That’s” or the reasons WHY I want to look, feel and perform better have been in front of me throughout the day which help my choices I have each day be much easier.
I also knew from the start that I wanted to life a healthier lifestyle long term which helped with the mindset that the 21 Days was just a jump-start for me toward where I wanted to be in 12 months.
This last week of the 21 Days was nothing new as I continued to do the same things I had done the last two weeks.
I remember from the initial Orientation that my mindset should not be about 21 days but about the lifestyle that I truly desired long term. That has kept my mind focused on the things I need to do beyond the initial 21 days in order for me to help me achieve my long-term goals and the lifestyle that will allow me to be the best version of myself. I also agreed from day one that if I thought the program was a good fit for me that I would sign up and continue with the program beyond the 21 Days. I know my history of starting and stopping different fitness program and I wanted this time to be different.
The end result was that this program seems to be the perfect fit for me because of the fun yet challenging fitness sessions, the nutrition system works for me and the accountability is what I need to stay motivated long term. I know the value I will continue to get from the coaches and community will keep me motivated and encouraged to stay on track.
This week I committed to myself by signing up to be a client beyond just the 21 Day program. Mentally, it’s encouraging knowing that I am in this thing for the long haul. That I have not only invested in myself but I have committed to the goals I set for myself a few weeks ago. I know that I need to commit to myself to a long-term plan which will continue to help me be the best version of me.
I have really enjoyed getting to know some of my workout buddies and feel we are all their supporting each other in a very healthy environment. This has led me to believe that I have found a fitness family that I have been looking for along with a fitness program that I actually enjoy and look forward to going to.
This has already changed my short term thinking to long-term thinking because mentally I am committed know to the entire process long-term now.
This week I was also able to bring a few of my friends with me to check out the program with me.
For me, I know that if I have friends showing up to the workouts with me, I will continue to show up too. It was a great incentive because i gave me an extra reason to show up my final week because I was bringing a friend.
The Program I am doing also has a Referral Program that I can earn $100 for every friend that signs up for one of their program options.
This is just another great incentive for me to share this awesome program that has help me make some big lifestyle changes in just a few short weeks with my friends. I not only get the extra motivation and accountability of working out with them but I also get some money every time someone joins.
The ending measurements of my initial 21 Days were taken this week and I ended up another 2 pounds and 2 inches my final weeks for a total of 6.6 pounds and 10 inches in just a few short weeks.
I am more excited about my new healthy lifestyle. I realize that the energy I have, how I feel and the all the other results I have received are a direct results from the choices I have made.
What is next? As mentioned, I have committed to continue my journey with the same program that I started with a few weeks ago so I will continue on with what I started with the same trainers, coaches and supportive workout buddies.
I will continue daily focus on my mindset and have my “So That’s” in my face daily.
I will continue to lean on the personal trainers, team of coaching and supportive community of other participants that I have surrounding myself with these last few weeks.
Having I am going to not only achieve my long term goals but maintain them.
I understand that it’s not about a Challenge but it’s about a Lifestyle so I am focusing on being consistent in the 7 keys areas the program has taught me.
END OF STORY
CLIFF NOTES TO 21 Days To Get In Shape.
Understand that this entire process is a part of what every new clients gets as they join our 21-Day Meldown Program (Coppell fitness) coming up or our Lean Lifestyle Challenge (virtual Coaching) coming up.
1) Change my “I could” thinking to “I will”
2) Write down what I want to accomplish in 21 days and 12 months.
3) Write down WHY I want to accomplish those goals, which will be the driving force in which I make my choices each and every day to live a healthier lifestyle.
4) I would seek out and join an already proven transformation program that integrates professional coaching/accountability, a nutrition system to follow, group support and personal training into their program.
7 keys areas to focus on each and every day when I started that I am laser focused on.
1) Eat 4-6 Times Per Day – Eat lean and clean spacing my meals and snacks out every 2 and a half to three hours apart. This will help with cravings and fueling your body throughout the day.
2) Well-Balance Nutrition – Focusing on balancing my Macronutrients (Carbs, Proteins and Fats). Use MyFitnessPal to help track your daily intake along with accountability and motivation.
3) Movement – Each week perform 3-4 resistance training workouts and 2-3 cardio workouts. Put workouts in a weekly calendar/planner and treat it like any other appointment.
4) Drink More Water – Focus On ½ Your Body Weight In Ounces/day.
5) Nutritional Support – Daily Multi-vitamins And Essential Fatty Acids To Fill In Nutritional Gaps And Maximize Nutrition Density In Your Body. Find a high quality brand. I have been taking the same brand daily since 2001. Add supplements where you need solutions in your daily nutrition. An example would be if time was an issue for you to eat healthy, add in a meal replacement shake as one of your meals or snacks as a solution.
6) Sleep – 7-9 Hours A Night. This one has always been tough for me but I am averaging 7 hours of sleep each night, which is a huge improvement. I know the studies show that lack of sleep is one factor in not being able to lose body fat so I am making this a priority.
7) Support – Individual coach, friend, a group, a Trainer, a team, Etc. I know from experience that I will not follow through with a fitness and nutrition program if I try to do it on my own. I am getting daily accountability from my accountability coach along, a team of people supporting me, an inspiring facebook community that is motivating me and I have met some awesome participants that have encouragement me in the last few weeks.
Smart Choices + Consistently Over Time = Radical Change
I you missed the first 3 Parts of “21-Days To Get In Shape” click on the blog images for each of the 3 blog posts.
For more information about the Coppell Fitness program and getting started, go to http://CoppellFitness.com
If you live or work in Coppell, Valley Ranch, Irving, Lewisville, Las Colinas, Carrollton, Flower Mound, Grapevine, Addison, Corinth, Highland Village, Dallas, and Famers Branch, the Coppell Group Personal Training is just minutes away from you. Get You In Shape’s programs include the Get You In Shape Group Personal Training, 24 Kick Start, sports specific training, weight loss programs, Corporate wellness plans, nutrition plans, core fitness training, strength training, toning and more. Clients include athletes (golf, basketball, tennis, football, track, baseball, baseball, volleyball, and softball) corporate executives, professionals, weekend warriors, cheerleaders, dancers, models, stay at home moms, and anyone looking for results.
Owner Brad Linder, has been featured in numerous newspapers and even as the fitness expert on the news 8 (ABC). Get You In Shape was also featured on The Doctor’s TV show as one of the top Fitness Companies in Texas. He continues to use the gifts that he has been given to help serve the needs others have when it come to being healthy, losing weight, sports, toning up, and overall fitness.
More information about Get You In Shape at www.getyouinshape.com