So, what’s the secret to fast weight loss? Really, there’s not a secret, we simply need to burn more calories than we eat. WebMD suggests creating a 500 calorie deficit per day through a combination of eating fewer calories and increasing physical activity to achieve a 1-2 pound fat loss per week.
Additional tips from industry experts highlight ways to help drive more rapid weight loss results:
· Don’t skip meals! Maintain your blood sugar and moderate your hunger, by eating 6-8 smaller meals/snacks a day
· Eat enough lean protein and distribute it evenly through your meals to minimize muscle loss and maximize fat loss.
· Eat plenty of low-calorie veggies to help you feel full.
· Drink plenty of water so you don’t confuse hunger with thirst.
· Limit salt and starches to
help reduce fluid retention.
· Reduce added sugars and animal fat from meat and dairy
· Remove tempting foods from your home.
· Keep a food journal for eating awareness and accountability.
· Stay busy to avoid eating out of boredom.
· And, kick up your exercise routine — incorporating up to 1 hour / day of strength training or cardio to achieve the desired results. Better yet … add high-intensity intervals to burn more calories in less time.