Is your habit leading you to the health you desire?
This is a great topic as many of us reach to cokes and diet cokes to help us with our energy levels throughout the day. More many, it is just a habit that they enjoy (emotional habit) each day at a certain time or with a certain meal. I would like to say that most of us are striving to live healthier lives. One thing that comes to mind when choosing what things we should be consuming or not consuming is Cokes and Diet Cokes. For me, anything that I can go out to my car and pour over the car battery and immediately burns that that area of the battery and make noises probably should not be going in my body. I just have to think “If coke and diet coke does this to a car battery, what is it going to do inside my body, to which I only have one of?”
When people ask me if they can still have their diet coke, I just go back to the car battery thing. I know there are more thing like what science has stated about both diet and regular coke. Or the amount of Sugars in real cokes, or the list can go on. This is why we encourage everyone who is looking for a fresh start to start with a 10 Day Cleanse, which is the start of out 24 Day Challenge. It will help rid the body of any toxins and also help get you off of any daily habits you may think you are addicted to. Below is something I found a while back that is interesting.
Please feel free to make any comments below as to what you think about this topic.
FACTS ABOUT WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
(For a listing of the sources of the information about water, see Truth or Fiction)
FACTS ABOUT COKE:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident. (Unproven, however, it is reasonable to assume that it’s true since phosphoric acid can dissolve rust and grease and was used by the steel industry to clean products.)
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days. (Unproven, but fun to consider.)
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. (Source: www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.)
4. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China. (Source: Columnist Heloise)
5. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola. (Source: According to Joey Greene’s www.wackyuses.com)