1. A Contest that will start January 30th and run through March 31st. We will have a Final WOD and winners on Saturday April 14th @ 8am
2. We will have some gauges to track progress and will go by the honor rule. Meaning we will trust that you really did do off-day cardio for the exercise tracking.
3. We will have individual winners and team winners.
4. The idea of the Get You In Shape Biggest Winner is just give you some extra motivation and accountability by having teams and giving a contest.
Download the info-pack here
This has all the details that you need in order to start. We have put in some tools and tips that can help you.
Facebook page – here is the page we will be posting things and encourage your team to go to communicate with. It’s just another tool we are using to keep you motivated.
If you have Questions, please post them on the fan page of Facebook.
Mark April 14th on your calendars @ 8am as that will be when all the teams will get a final WOD together and the winners are announced (after the 8am session). We had April 7th but it is Easter weekend we thought everyone may not be able to make it. So we will have 2 weeks to get all the testimonies, track attendance, track fitness progress and put the before/after pictures.
A note about before pictures... please just keep them for now. This is going to be something you turn in to us at the end with your after picture. The info pack has an entire page about what we are looking for.
A note about teams and the trainer/coach
– There are 4 -5 people per team and we want this to be a chance for you guys to team up and help each other with accountability and motivation. Your trainer/coach is really just going to help facilitate so you can definitely reach out to them for help but we mainly want you guys to hold each other accountable and walk through this process together. Each team will have everyone’s contact information. The coach/trainer will
not really do to much except ask if you need anything and track each you you down to update your Assessment Checklist. We want each team to take responsibility in helping each other with motivation, encouragement, and inspiration. We think this will be a great way to help teach you how you too can be a coach and also feed off of the other campers.
How to Win— There will be male winner and a female winner along with a winning team. Here are some guidelines and gauges that we will use to help pick the winner. The winners will be based on a combination of results, attendance, fitness, testimonial, journal tracking, and general participation. So there is not one area. We know if you work on all these areas, you will not only get the results you are looking for, but the process will be much easier along the way. Here are the basic things we are using to measure and how to find it.
1. Turn in a Before and After Picture. Page 5 of the Info Pack explains what would be an ideal picture we are looking for. Please wait until the end of the contest to turn in your before picture.
2. Turn in your exercise and nutrition journal (or App if you are using an online application instead of the old fashioned writing journal or what we have provided you). We know how tracking both you nutrition and exercise through some outlet (app or journal) you are more likely to stick to it and we can also help with necessary changes. Track or journal your off-day cardio also. The off-day workouts will be based on the honor-rule for the folks not in the Cardio Club will be based on the honor rule. Pages 18-22 of the information pack has information we are looking for. It does not matter what you use, the key is using one of the tools to track your food and liquid intake (along with the time of day). It’s also important to journal what you did each day for exercise. If you are using an application, most of them can be printed out.
When should you turn your exercise journal in? It’s up to you when you turn these in to your coach / trainer. If you have some big goals for the 9 weeks, I would start with turning it in after two weeks.
You assessment Checklist
3. Update your assessment Checklist – The Assessment Checklist is what you filled out when beginning and has basic nutrition and exercise questions. It is a general guideline to help the coach /trainer know what you are working on and how we can help you. You can choose how often you want a follow up assessment (2, 4, 6, or 8 weeks) but we recommend the first on being in two weeks so that if there are any changes that we can suggest, you can begin implementing it. You coach will be calling you or you all can do it as a team after a boot camp session. It’s up to you but we will use this as a way to see if you are making the necessary changes that you should be making to reach your short (and long) term goals.
4. Be consistent in coming to the boot camp workouts. As you know we will track attendance and it will play a role. We hope this is another incentive to get to class. We do understand if folks are traveling but we encourage you to email the team and coach and let them know that you did a workout while you were away from boot camp. If you will be traveling, this is another reason why you should keep a record (journal) of your nutrition and exercise you do.
5. Be positive and be an asset to your group. Again, this is for motivation, encouragement, and inspiration as a team. The whole idea of this is to show you that you guys can lift each other up and that you are not alone. Unfortunately, getting and staying in shape is a lifelong process. Having some support and motivation will allow these next 8-9 weeks be easier and more enjoyable.
6. Show an improvement in fitness. We will have a few different testing days throughout this process to help measure if you have improved in your fitness. We do know that if you are consistent in your workouts and following the Get You In Shape Program (nutrition, water, sleep, chewing, etc), you are only going to improve in your fitness. If you are following everything and coming to each session, it may mean you are not pushing yourself hard enough while at the sessions.
7. Both written and video testimony. This will be done after the 9 weeks is over and we will make sure everyone has plenty of time to get them into us.
8. If you do not need to lose weight, we will still have some ways to measure overall progress. You can always get leaner, toner, faster, and stronger. We all still need to work to maintain our weight or to improve in the way we look, feel, and perform.
The Biggest Winner Contest should not be about winning but about making small changes over a period of time to help you achieve your goals. We know that getting a few people together that have the same goals as you (want to look, feel, and perform better) will make the motivation much easier and the journey as well. We also know that giving you all the tools and some gauges to win will allow you to possibly do some of the things you know you should be doing but just don’t. End the end, this 9 week program will allow you to look back and see how great you did OR that you at least played the game.
8. Must be a boot camp participant to enter.
Team – The Rockettes