Fitness and Exercise Tip of the Month! How to perform the bicycle for the abs.
Everyone wants 6 pack abs. This month, Get You In Shape will show you one of the best abs exercises you can do to help shape your abs. There are a few different types of exercises you can do for the bicycle but we will only explain one this month
• Lie down on back and bring both legs up in the air bent at a 90% and then straighten (locking your knees)them flexing your toes toward your shin.
• Put hands by your ears and elbows out to side. Keeping your back on the mat or floor, bring one knee in to your chest as you twist your opposite elbow and try to touch that knee that is coming in with your elbow.
• Use your abs to twist and focus on your back pressing into the mat.
• Bring your leg back as you straighten both legs (flex toes and lock knees) before bringing in the other leg and twisting your upper body to the other side.
• Twist your body to touch the knee and repeat.
Reminders or KEYS – Your legs should be at an angle so that your ABS are engaged and your back should not be arched. There should not be any room in between your back and the mat in the entire exercise. You should focus on
that because your abs have to be engaged if you are pressing your back into the mat (you are using your inner abs muscles to do this).
Focus on keeping your back in the mat or floor at all times and using your abs to twist and not your head, neck, or arms.
Strengthen muscles of the core
Perform 15-20 at first and progress after that.
Add ankle weights*
Brad Linder is the owner of Get You In Shape, in Coppell, TX. www.GetYouInShape.com has Fitness Testimonials, Fitness Tips, Nutrition Programs, Fitness Boot Camps, Private Personal Training, Online Training, Fitness Products, Weight Loss Plans, a Blog, and more. If you are Dallas, Coppell, Lewisville, Irving, Carrollton, Valley Ranch, Las Colinas and surrounding Dallas, TX cities, Get You In Shape is near you. Get You In Shape has helped many people get their lives back on track and change their lifestyle into a healthy lifestyle. Programs include sports specific training, weight loss programs, boot camps, wellness plan, nutritional plans, core fitness training, strength training, toning and more. Clients include athletes (basketball, golf, football, tennis, baseball, volleyball, softball, and track) corporate executives, professionals, weekend warriors, cheerleaders, dancers, models, stay at home moms, and anyone looking to get fitness results. For more information, visit www.GetYouInShape.com