Water or Coke?
Is your habit leading you to the health you desire?
This is a great topic as many of us reach to cokes and diet cokes to help us with our energy levels throughout the day. More many, it is just a habit that they enjoy (emotional habit) each day at a certain time or with a certain meal. I would like to say that most of us are striving to live healthier lives. One thing that comes to mind when choosing what things we should be consuming or not consuming is Cokes and Diet Cokes. For me, anything that I can go out to my car and pour over the car battery and immediately burns that that area of the battery and make noises probably should not be going in my body. I just have to think “If coke and diet coke does this to a car battery, what is it going to do inside my body, to which I only have one of?”
When people ask me if they can still have their diet coke, I just go back to the car battery thing. I know there are more thing like what science has stated about both diet and regular coke. Or the amount of Sugars in real cokes, or the list can go on. This is why we encourage everyone who is looking for a fresh start to start with a 10 Day Cleanse, which is the start of out 24 Day Challenge. It will help rid the body of any toxins and also help get you off of any daily habits you may think you are addicted to. Below is something I found a while back that is interesting.
Please feel free to make any comments below as to what you think about this topic.
FACTS ABOUT WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
(For a listing of the sources of the information about water, see Truth or Fiction)
FACTS ABOUT COKE:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident. (Unproven, however, it is reasonable to assume that it’s true since phosphoric acid can dissolve rust and grease and was used by the steel industry to clean products.)
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days. (Unproven, but fun to consider.)
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. (Source: www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.)
4. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China. (Source: Columnist Heloise)
5. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola. (Source: According to Joey Greene’s www.wackyuses.com)
About Get You In Shape
Our mission aims to provide individuals with the tools, guidance and education to help them achieve healthy and long-term lifestyle changes. This is accomplished by establishing a positive and healthy environment that promotes motivation, encouragement, accountability and inspiration.
Brad and Cynthia Linder are the owners of Get You In Shape in Coppell, TX.
As a former professional basketball player, Brad utilized the knowledge attained from a Master’s degree in Health, Kinesiology, and Sport Studies, to optimize his performance. With an extensive background in fitness and nutrition, he naturally wanted to share this knowledge with others as he entered into the health and fitness field. Since 1999, Brad has been able to help thousands of participants and clients. Brad has created and produced the Get You In Shape DVD and has been featured as the fitness expert on television and in newspaper articles. Brad has pioneered a high intensity boot camp called Get You In Shape Boot Camp, which has received rave reviews. It was featured in The Obama Diaries, by Laura Ingraham.
Cynthia Linder is a former schoolteacher with a Masters Degree in Special Education. She has learned firsthand how to drop dress sizes and get in shape. Struggling for most her adult life to eat healthy and maintain a lifestyle of fitness, she met Brad in 2004. She is now a walking testimony going from a size 10/12 to a size 4/6 and keeping it off. Cynthia has a huge desire to help others by motivating, encouraging, and inspiring others to reach for their goals.
Brad and Cynthia’s fitness business, Get You In Shape, has grown into one of the leading fitness companies in the Dallas area. What started as one man’s mission has grown into a business that offers fitness boot camps, corporate wellness, private training, and nutritional programs. Clients range from high-end millionaires to dedicated housewives. The simple approach of Get You In Shape is to educate, encourage, motivate, and inspire clients to achieve their personal goals. Because of this comprehensive approach to health and wellness, Get You In Shape is ranked in the top tier of fitness businesses in the Dallas, Texas area.
Brad and Cynthia Linder, owners of Get You In Shape, recently joined a select group of the world’s leading health and fitness entrepreneurs to co-write the health and fitness book titled, 3 Steps To YOUR BEST BODY In Record Time:America’s Leading Fitness Experts Reveal The Proven 3-Step System To The Body You Always Wanted…In Minimum Time. On the day of release, 3 Steps To YOUR BEST BODY skyrocketed to best-seller status on Amazon.com, reaching as high as #69 overall in the Amazon Top 100. The book reached #1 in both the Quick Workouts and Weight Training Categories, while reaching #3 in the Exercise and Fitness category and #24 in Health, Mind and Body category.