Last Push for those wanting the Summer Cardio Club Special – We need to know “who is in” so we can plan on keeping it going starting May 6th. We have more options like just one month or a punch pass that you can see at CoppellCardioClub.com (you can also read more about what this service is) but here are the basic two options
1. 4 Months (May-Aug) only $249 – Download form here.
2. 3. Months (June-Aug) only $199 Download form here.
Please get the form to us ASAP if you plan on participating in Cardio in May so we can make sure we have enough to continue.
There are many reasons why many people don’t do cardio. For the majority of people, it’s because they just don’t like doing it. They also don’t like doing in on their own.
Get You In Shape’s group personal training program has been very successful in large part because we have built a program around professional help and group support. We create an environment that helps with motivation, encouragement, accountability and inspiration. This has been one of the most important keys for helping our clients reach their goals. For the most part, we do this by creating a positive group environment and a great group camaraderie that people enjoy being a part of. Cardio Club was started so that we could bring an off-day training program that would give our clients the cardio program needed to help keep them going on the off-days (days that we do not have GYIS fitness sessions).
So here is what we know
1. Performing Cardio is good for us and we were born to run (or do cardio), at different speeds and distances. Performing cardio will improve several General Physical Skills…Cardio-Respiratory Endurance, Muscular Stamina, Power and Speed.
2. If you don’t like to do cardio (or jog/run) you are in the same boat as many others.
3. It’s more fun to get in cardio with your friends and run in various places (we mix up the workouts so that we utilize hills in some of the street’s, go to the track (certain times of the year), add in some fitness equipment to help change it up, and more..)
4. If you’re a Get You In Shape client you should already be doing cardio on your own Tuesday’s and Thursday’s for your general health but also because it’s very hard to reach your goals if you are NOT doing your off-day cardio and incorporating Interval Training into your workouts.
So here is the SCOOP about Coppell’s Get You In Shape Cardio Club
1. 5:30am and 6:30am for 60 minutes every Tuesday and Thursday @Andy Brown East Park
2. It’s outside rain, sleet or snow (plan ahead – see questions below)
3. It is designed for all fitness levels
4. Sessions focus on Interval Training and will vary from session to session.
5. Sessions will have warm up and cool down working to improve mobility/flexibility to help with fitness and recovery.
6. Sessions start at park (we meet at the same area as we meet for the fitness sessions) but use the park and streets of Coppell.
7. We will have another longer run on the last Saturday following the last day of each 4 week of the Coppell Get You In Shape Boot Camp.
8. The Cardio Club is a separate service from the Get You In Shape fitness program.
The Get You In Shape Coppell Cardio Club Common Questions
Who should participate in the Get You In Shape Cardio Club?
Know that the Get You In Shape Fitness program (boot camp) will always be the first program we suggest because it covers 3-4 times a week both strength training (resistance training) and cardiovascular endurance.
In general, the Coppell Cardio Club will be for:
1. GetYouInShape clients that hit a weight loss plateau. Adding the Get You In Shape Cardio Club for one to two months will help take your cardio to the next level and help you burn more calories.
2. GetYouInShape clients who want a structured group environment lead by a personal trainer to get their off-day cardio in.
3. GetYouInShape clients falling into bad habits. Join Get You In Shape Cardio Club for three months and get back into good habits.
4. GetYouInShape clients that have a big event coming up like a vacation, wedding, or a reunion.
5. GetYouInShape clients that are looking to increase their speed or time in cardio exercises.
6. GetYouInShape clients that want to make sure they stay on track during the tough month (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Summer, etc)
We have added this program so that all the above reasons can help you. Some may only need a month or two and get back to their own off-day cardio. Some may just know they will need that structured environment that will help them stay on track each month (they simply will not do it by themselves)
What type of fitness level do I need to be in to participate in this program?
We structure the Coppell Cardio Club so that every fitness level can participate. We modify for both beginner levels and advanced levels so that each can get the most of the workouts. This question is mainly for those that think they may not be able to participate in this because of their low fitness level. We certainly have had both high and low fitness levels and can accommodate all levels so that they benefit from this program.
How many have to be signed up in order to start the sessions?
8 people for each time need to signed up in order for the month to make. So if only 6 people sign up for the Evening session, we will not offer that time that particular month.
What is the 4 week Schedule for Coppell’s Get You In Shape Cardio Club? We are year round and go on Tuesday’s and Thursday in conjunction to the Get You In Shape Calendar (see here)
What would a typical day be in at the Coppell Get You In Shape Cardio Club?
Each session will also have a warm up and cool down with an emphasis on improving mobility and flexibility over time. We will also throw in some core exercises in some of the sessions which is always a staple in a Get You In Shape program.The workouts will be Interval (vary in terms of time, intensity, rest, and disctance) based and will vary most days with what we do so that your body is always having to adapt to the changes (burn more calories) being put on it. We incorporate old fashioned jogging/running (or walking), stationary cardio, drills, speed ladders, hills, and change up the location from time to time.
The majority of the programming, though, will be interval based walking/jogging/running and stationary cardio.
If you on trying to run a 5k, 10k, or half marathon, these will help prepare you for them. It great because you can get your long run in on the weekends. This would be similar to a running club with the T/TH training but just not as intense on the mileage.
If you are a Get You In Shape Fitness client, the main purpose of the Coppell Get You In Shape Cardio Club is to help provide professional help (in the form of a certified fitness trainer and accountability coach) for those needing help with their off-day Cardio program. We will put each and every client in a positive environment that will mainly focus on motivating, encouraging, and inspiring each person to push themselves. Just like the Get You In Shape Boot Camp, the group camaraderie is a key to helping each person get out and do what they don’t want or like to do.
What about weather and rain?
Unlike the Get You In Shape Fitness program, we will be outside rain, sleet, snow or a heat wave. You may want to get a rain coat or something to wear in the rain. We will meet under the pavilion and most likely do some of the workout there but plan on also getting out also.
What do I need to bring or wear?
We will have a meeting point but we suggest you just bring a fitness mat (or towel if you don’t have one). We do not suggest you bring your cell phone, wallet, or anything that would be left by your mat as we leave the mat area for 30-40 minutes. We suggest you get a stop watch with a light so you can see the time in the dark. We have found good ones at Academy for a great price but you can find one probably just about anywhere. You also may want to get a rain coat or something to wear as it is raining. As stated in the previous question, we will workout when it is raining and will meet under the pavilion. Depending on how hard it’s raining, we will either stay under the pavilion for the workout or head out and get in the rain. So plan on both which is why we suggest some sort of rain coat.
What type of fitness level do I need to be in to participate in the Coppell Get You In Shape Cardio Club?
As with our Get You In Shape Boot Camp, we pride ourselves in helping each and every fitness level. So no matter where you are at, we will program each workout so that you will get a great workout and be pushed to your own fitness level. This means if you are just starting out, this will be something you can do. If you are in great shape, you will be pushed to your own personal fitness level and get results. We do hit the road and do new things which is fun and different for most folks. We may pair you up or put you with folks that are at or around your fitness level to help keep you motivated but not to push you to do more than your body should be doing at your fitness level.
Current Get You In Shape Client – $90 for 9 sessions for one Month –
Non Get You In Shape Client – $109 for 9 sessions in one Month
Punch Pass – 5 Sessions $75
Click on the image that you want to pay for
If you would rather pay month to month, email contact us and we can set that up.
It is $199 every 3 months or we sometimes offer a 4 month special also.
Can I participate if I am not a Get You In Shape Participant?
Yes. Although, we know that you would benefit more from the Get You In Shape Fitness Program, this is a service we are offering to folks that are not a part of Coppell’s Get You In Shape Fitness Program. The monthly fee is higher, though, for folks not a current Get You In Shape boot camp client.
Do I have to participate in the 5k’s, 10k’s, and 1/2 marathons?
No, you do not have to participate in anything but come to the Tuesday and Thursday sessions. We will meet once a month at 9am for a longer distance and measure time and distance progressions over time. The training that we will be doing will be good in preparing for shorter distances (5k or 10K) and if you are wanting to participate in the events that we are planning on attending as a group, we will encourage you to but will not expect you to.
Can I go to either of the times offered?
We do need to have at least 8 people in each of the session in order to make it worth having.