Get You In Shape Boot Camp Tip of the Week
Many of you have heard of the Abs Diet book. It was written a few years ago by the editor-in-chief of Men’s Health. The book is all laid out for you in order and it gives you specific directions on what you need to do to get healthy and change your BODY.
The boot camp tip of the week will go over the Abs Diet Power of 12. These 12 superfoods should make up a large part of your diet. Here are a few guidelines:
– Incoporporate 2 to 3 of these foods into each of your 3 major meals and at leas 1 of them into your 3 snacks.
– Try to mix up and change up your food at every meal to get a combination of protien, carbs, and fat.
– Make sure you are eating some protein with every snack
1. Almonds and other nuts – These help build muscle and fight cravings. Eating these will help fight against obesity, heart disease, muscle loss, wrinkles, cancer, high blood pressure. They are high in protein and good fats.
Tips for getting more – Add chopped nuts into peanut butter, toss some on cereal, yorgurt, or an omlet.
2. Beans and Legumes – These help build muscle, help burn fat, and also helps regulate digestion. They are high in fiber and have protein, iron, and folate. They help fight agaist obesity, colon cancer, heart disease, and high blood pressure. The best beans for your diet are soybeans, pinto beans, chickpeas, navy beans, black beans, white beans, kidney beans, and lima bean.
3. Spinach and other Green Vegetables – These help neutralize free radicals. They are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They help fight against caner, heart disease, stroke, obesity, and osteoporosis. Brocholi, brussel spouts, asparagus and pepper are others.
4. Dairy (fat free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese) – Dairy helps build strong bones and fires up weight loss. They have some great vitamins like A and B to name a few and they help fight agaist osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure and cancer.
5. Oatmeal – This helps boost energy, reduces cholesterol and maintains blood sugar levels. They are complex carbs (low glycemic) and high in fiber. This helps fight again heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer and obesity. I personally eat this every day. It should be a staple in your diet just like this boot suggests. Not only does it help with cravings but does help with energy as well. You can add a few things to help make the taste better.
Suggestions: frozen fruit, cinimum, peanut butter, soymilk or anything else that is healthy tha my help it taste better if taste is why you don’t eat Oatmeal.
6. Eggs – These build muscle and also help burn fat. They have protein, Vitamins B 12, and vitamin A. They help fight again obesity. The protein found in eggs have the highest “biological value” of protein – a measure of how wekk it supports your body’s protein need – of ANY FOOD. Eggs again are a staple in my diet and they should be in yours.
7. Turkey and other lean meats – These help build lean muscle and also improve the immune system. They have protein, iron, zinc, creatine (beef), omega – 3 fatty acids (fish), vitamins B 6 (chicken and fish) and B 12, phoshorus and potassium. These help fight obesity and various diseases. These are not in sausage, bacon, cured meats, ham, fatty cuts of steak like T-bone and rib eye. Turkey breast is one of the leanest meats you can find.
Lean Beef include : Flank steak, ground beef (extra lea or lean), london broil, roast beef, and tenderloin.
Medium -fat beef unclude – Corned beef, ground beef (not marked as lean or extra-lean), prime cut.
To cut down on fats, concentrate of fish like tuna and salmon before they have Omega – 3 fatty acids as well as protein.
8. Peanut Butter – This helps build lean muscle and burn fat. They have protein, monounsaturated far, vitamin E, and magnesium. It is important to only choose all – natural peanut butters. Salt and peanuts ont he ingredients list.
9. Olive Oil – This helps lower cholesterol and boost immune system. They have monounsaturated fat and vitamin E. These help fight against caner, obesity, heart disease and high blood pressure. Their sidekicks are canola oil, peanut oil, and seame oil. Imposters – Vegetables and hydrogenated vegetables oils, trans fatty acids and marginerine.
10. Whole – Grain Breads and Cereals – These help prevent your body from storing fat. They have fiber, protein, thaimin, riboflavin, niacin, pryidoxine, vitamine E, magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron and calium. They help fight against cancer, obesity, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Make sure they say whole wheat of whole grain. Look on the Get You In Shape Program page where is talk abotu what to look for when looking for breads.
11. Extra – Protein Powder – builds muscle and burn fat. Helps fight against cancer. We recommend the AdvoCare Meal Replacement Shakes because weh have found them to be the most effective and are a very safe product. With so many products out there, we know what we are getting when we are getting the Advocare products. A save product that does what is is supposed to do.
12. Rasberries and other berries – These help protect your heart, enhance your eyesight, improves balance and coordination, and short-term memory and also prevents cravings. They have anti-oxidants, fiber, and vitamins C.
They help fight against heart diseast, cancer, and obesity. Any berry will do (except for Crunch Berries).
As you can see these are all foods that help fight against obesity, heart disease, blood pressure and cholesterol.
If are also go back and look at the Get You In Shape Program, we also are recommending the same foods and diet as the top Men’s Editor-in-cheif of Men’s Health.
Sourse – The Abs Diet – David Zinczenko